Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Generous People

I decided back in October to walk in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer this July. The walk takes place throughout the neighbourhoods of Calgary over July 27-29, 2007. It is a 60 km walk to raise awareness and funds to aid in research and prevention of breast cancer. My Mom also decided to come out from Regina and participate in the walk.

On Tuesday, I got my address book on the Weekend site together and sent out my first email to my friends, family, co-workers and associates for donations. I asked them to perhaps donate a dollar for every kilometer that I am going to walk. Well, there has been some generous donations as I've raised $570 in just 5 donations. The people in this city are amazing. Thanks to Brian Schulz, Marc Johnson, Tom Bonnah, Roy Goertz and my future father-in-law, Dan Tompkins. At this rate, I will reach my goal of $3,000 before I'm even half done my training.

Visit my personal page at the Weekend to End Breast Cancer

No comments: