Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cracked Harmony


I made this card back in February for my first Stamp Club. It used the Happy Harmony stamp set from Sell-a-bration (SAB) and the cracked glass technique. If you don't know this technique - Beate's instruction on Splitcoaststampers (SCS) for Cracked Glass are really easy to follow. However, she said to leave it in the freezer for 1 minute - I think this was a typo as it really should be 10 minutes then you take it out and crack it. I used clear embossing powder in several layers (I think 5) and had to re-freeze it a couple of times to get the cracks I wanted. Then I sponged perfect plum ink into the cracks so they were more apparent. I think I need to get myself some ultra thick embossing powder before I do this again as I think it would crack a bit better and you won't have so many layers. Regardless, the gals at my club thought it was a really cool technique.

Supplies (all supplies Stampin' Up)
Stamp set: SU Happy Harmony
Ink: perfect plum, elegant eggplant
Paper: perfect plum, pale plum, naturals ivory
Accessories: clear embossing powder, embossing buddy, eggplant grosgrain ribbon

No comments: