Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Flowahbella


This was my first stamped card with a 'bella' from StampingBella. Emily has some amazing creations over at her website and her blog is a riot to read everyday.

I did this swap for CST (Canadian Stamp Talk) which is a yahoo group for Canadian stampers. The List Mom is Nancy, who also lives in Calgary like me. Actually, she doesn't live far from our new house in Kincora. Her blog always has some great cards on it.

The color combo is Cool Caribbean(cc), taken with teal (twt) and regal rose (rr). I took a piece of natural ivory and ran through my cuttlebug and the stylized flowers embossing folder. I then sponged twt ink on the embossed part. I mounted that on to rr and the cc base. I stamped the bella with black staz on onto natural ivory again and cut that out with my Creative Memories oval cutter. I coloured the image with prisma pencil crayons and then used OSM and stumps to blend the colours. I then mounted the oval on another oval with twt. I finished it off with three different shades of pink primas.

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Great bella...love her on the oval mat!

Anonymous said...

oh this is so pretty! I want that folder so bad!!!

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Sharon,

This is a great card. I'm gonna have to break down and buy some Bellas, they're soooo cute! Love the primas, too! Keep the cards coming! :)

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Shannon,

So sorry for the previous comment of getting your name wrong! Guess I'm having one of those days! :)