Tuesday, February 5, 2008

House Warming



Ian and I went to a house party for friends' that just moved into their first place together. I made them this card and also gave them a gift of an aroma warmer from PartyLite with some melts and tealights. Ian thought we should get them a bottle of wine, I would usually agree however, the hostess is expecting her first child in April and I think giving her a gift she can't enjoy is cruel.

The sketch for this card came from AmyR's blog and Friday sketch challenge AmyRS11.


Supplies
Stamps: Right at Home - SU! (retired)
Paper: close to cocoa, chocolate chip, purely pomegranate, whisper white
Ink: Palette noir black, SU! markers with blender pen
Accessories: Prima Sprite, Doodlebug sugar coated bon bon brad, cuttlebug folder, purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon

2 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Mornin' Shannon,

I really like this card and I'm sure your friend loved it! :)

I agree with you on not wanting to give them wine, as well. I had a couple people give me wine while I was pregnant or breastfeeding... what are they thinking? It just sat in my wine rack teasing me for months! lol :) Besides, I'm sure they'll both enjoy the PartyLite aroma burner. That's a nice idea.

Have a great day! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Shannon! Definitely, a better choice to go with the burner. Partylite is always a good choice for a house warming giftie. :0)