Friday, January 11, 2008

It worked!



When I got my cuttlebug, I got a few of the 2x2 embossing folders but when I used it I got an embossed square around it so I never used them again. Then the other day my friend, Nancy made this card with her 2x2 folders and it worked. I emailed her and she said there was no secret it just worked this time. Well, I thought I would try it and mine worked as well!

I also took a pointer from Nancy to use a numbering system for my 2008 cards. You can see here post about this here. This is card #2008-003! I really would like to create 120 cards this year (different cards that is) which would mean 10 per month. I think I can do that!

Do you like my watermark? I made it myself.

Supplies
Stamps: sentiment from Blossoms Around - SU!
Ink: Pallette Noir, SU! markers to watercolor
Paper: regal rose, natural white
Patterned paper: K&Co (costco slab)
Accessories: Cuttlebug 2x2 embossing folder, pretty in pink tafetta ribbon, Espirit Primas, bling from Mike's $1 bins ($1.50 in Canada)

5 comments:

BarbK said...

This is a gorgeous card, Shannon. I'm going to give this a try with my CB. also, I like the numbering system and may 'borrow' this, as well.

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Shannon. I am definitely gonna have to pull all of my folders out and give them another try...I have a ton!! I started numbering my pics too. My big project is to put all of my previous ones onto a disc and get them off my computer!! That will be a big job! See ya tonight! :0)

Nancy said...

Great card Shannon!

I think I know the secret to why the folders work now.... perhaps our Cuttlebugs were "tighter" when we got them, but with use they aren't squishing things quite as far as they did right out of the box

See ya tonight!

Shannon McGann said...

What a beautiful card - it's so soft and pretty! Your watermark looks great too! I still can't figure out how to do that!

Heather Grow said...

Beautiful card. I'm glad you didn't give up on your embossing folder.