Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ruby slippers!



These are Hanna's ruby slippers but instead of clicking them together to go home, she just wants to get to the mall. I had this idea in my head from back when the first Hanna Stamps set was released called 'But I need it'.

I love how the card came out. The paper is a 8x8 stack from DCVW that I got from Mike's on clearance for $12 (then used a 50% off coupon). The red shoes are colored with a clear glitter pen to make them sparkle.

I've been cleaning my stamp room for most of the day.... almost done the reorganization. However, Sunday will be dedicated to cleaning house so hopefully I can get to use it Sunday evening!

Supplies
Stamps: But I need it - Hanna Stamps
Paper: real red, whisper white, basic black SU
Patterned paper: All Dressed Up - DCVW
Ink: Palette noir, SU markers to watercolor
Accessories: Nestabilities circles, SU real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Prima Espirit Flowers red, SU rhinestone circle brad - fire, clear glitter pen

5 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

This is great! I love the ruby slippers idea - I 'need' to get to the mall! You're so funny, Shannon! lol :)

Hope you're having a great weekend, it's storming (snow) here today. :( But, it's a good day for making cards! :)

Take care!
Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi there I found your site through Amy's site I too am from a small town in SK I just started my own blog and was wondering if I could post a link to your blog from mine? My adress is smalltownstamper.blogspot.com
I would love it if you took a look and told me what you thought Thanks
Dawn

Tracy.H said...

Another great card, Shannon! So are we gonna see any sneek peaks at the new Hanna set?? ;0)

Deborah said...

Adorable! Now you are probably nice and organized in your craft room, just in time to make a nice new creative mess! (wink)! Deb

Michele Kovack said...

This is adorable! Love those colors too!